Ely Fireshed Coordinator
Period of Performance: January 2024 through December 2025
Location of Work: Ely, MN
Funding Committed: $138,000
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm CT on December 15th, 2023
Dovetail Partners is seeking candidates for an Ely Fireshed Coordinator position to play a key role by providing coordination services in the implementation of hazardous fuel reduction projects across all land ownerships in the Ely Fireshed. The Ely Fireshed Coordinator will facilitate the development of an implementable plan across ownership boundaries to reduce fuels hazards and wildfire risk to the greater Ely community.
The Coordinator will lead the development of an implementable plan across ownership boundaries to reduce fuels hazards and wildfire risk to the greater Ely community. The goals for the resulting plan include:
- Restoring forests and increasing resilience through an integrated resource approach to vegetation treatments across all ownerships that addresses the need for climate change adaptation,
- Increasing the application of traditional, place-based ecological knowledge and scientific research to provide key information to decision makers,
- Improving habitat and preserving biodiversity for at risk species, including moose, lynx and other beings,
- Sequestering carbon through silvicultural practices that reduce the risk of high-intensity wildfires,
- Growing community relationships and resilience while reducing wildland fire hazards through risk reduction treatments, and
- Contributing to the establishment of long term funding sources through grants, agency budgets requests, agency program of work, etc for implementation of treatments and continued financial support of the effective partnerships to reduce fuels hazards and wildfire risk to the greater Ely community.
Education, training, and/or experience addressing as many of the following as possible:
Agency land use and natural resource management and planning
Meeting planning and facilitation, consultation techniques, and conflict resolution
USFS programs and procedures
Wildfire risk and effective fuels hazard reduction techniques
Project management, budgeting, and grant administration
Silviculture and forest planning and management
Forest health and sustainability
GIS analysis and mapping
The position will be supported within the offices of the Superior National Forest, Kawishiwi District, located in Ely, MN (1393 Highway 169, Ely, MN 55731). The Coordinator will work closely with the USFS staff within this office. The work will include field responsibilities within the Fernberg Project Area, portions of HiLo Area, and Ely greater community area within the Rainy-River Headwaters Watershed.
Send a current resume along with a cover letter addressing the desired qualifications to: Dovetail Partners, ATTN: Ely Fireshed Coordinator Application, 528 Hennepin Ave, Suite 303, Minneapolis, MN 55403 Application materials may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ely Fireshed Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Applications must be received by 5:00pm CT on December 15th, 2023
Dovetail Partners is an equal opportunity employer. This posting and description does not constitute a promise, offer, or guarantee of employment.